The Strategic Investment analysis and Scientific Planning/Alerting (SIASPA) VRE offers geospatial multi-factor optimization services that support intelligent identification of locations of interest for investors and stakeholders (from an economic and environmental point of view) seeking optimization of intended investments. Furthermore, the analytics functions that are executed over the existing or candidate aquaculture zones can facilitate scientists seeking areas of environmental importance. Apart from these basic features, the VRE also serves as a workspace for sharing documents of interest, a social networking area for supporting collaboration among members and a user management tool for managing membership. Finally, the data catalogue service facilitates the retrieval of BlueBRIDGE products.
The SIASPA VRE is mainly referred to investors and stakeholders that try to identify locations of interest related to aquaculture industry. Moreover, scientists and local authorities can also benefit from the services provided by this VRE.
- Improved decision making: The technoeconomic analysis performed by investment optimization algorithms can support investors to make better decisions regarding the location of their investment. The optimization algorithms try to suggest locations with reduced labour and logistics operations cost and at the same time maximize the aquafarm performance by taking into account environmental factors that affect fish growth.
- Gain insights into aquaculture impact: Scientists, environmentalists and students can benefit from the services provided in the SIASPA VRE by learning and understanding the factors that affect aquafarm performance as well as the socioeconomic impacts that the existence of an aquafarm has in a region.
- Better collaboration: Investors and scientists can share and contribute their work and findings in an open collaborative and user-friendly environment.
The registration to SIASPA is open to anybody but moderated by the VRE manager. Click on "Request Access". The VRE manager will receive your request and evaluate whether to grant you access.
Strategic Investment analysis, identification of strategic locations, geoanalytics, aquaculture, socioeconomic impacts, technoeconomic analysis.
Main services and functionalities:
In addition to the basic functionalities, such as the workspace for sharing objects of interest, the social networking area for supporting the discussions among members and the user management facility for managing membership, this VRE is specifically equipped with the following capabilities:
- Geoanalytics: a platform that enables users (e.g. investors and scientists) to efficiently identify strategic locations of interest that meet multifactor selection criteria. The platform offers project management facilities that let users create projects by selecting an area of interest and datasets and functions, share them among existing groups or individual users, explore and visualize the existing geospatial datasets and finally apply analytics functions on geospatial data in order to guide decision making for an investment, currently focused on the aquafarm industry.
- Geoanalytics Administration: a facility enabling privileged users to manage and import geospatial data in the geoanalytics platform from various data sources. There is built-in support for importing data from services and formats following open standards such as Web Feature Service (WFS), shapefiles and tsv files. In addition to the basic functionalities, as a workspace for sharing objects of interest, a social networking area for supporting the discussions among members and a user management facility for managing membership, this VRE is specifically equipped with the following capabilities: