DRuMFISH is an EU Project aiming at advicing on the status and management of data-poor stocks in mixed fisheries.
The project reviews assessment and management approaches for data-poor stocks and identifies relevant approaches for application in the case studies and wider EU fisheries.
The approaches should be compatible with the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP; EU 2013) in terms of (i) fishing mortality ranges compatible with Maximum Sustainable Yield (MSY), (ii) fish caught to be landed, and (iii) addressing uncertainty in significant components of the marine fish ecosystem.
This VRE supports the activities of the DRuMFISH Lorient meeting (21-23 March 2017) focussing on CMSY and its usage to produce Harvesting Control Rules and exploitation/profitability scenarios for fisheries.
This VRE offers the following advantages:
- Efficiency and time saving in computations
- Availability of a set of data sources containing environmental or species features
- Reliability of the quality of the features
- Certification of compliancy between e-Infrastructure data sources and algorithms inputs\outputs
- Import of users' own files
- Sharing of results and users' files
- A workspace for sharing objects of interest
- A social networking area for supporting the discussions among members
- A user management facility for managing membership,
This VRE is specifically equipped with the following capabilities:
- Data Analytics at Scale: a facility enabling users to benefit from the offering of the DataMiner service and interactively execute a large array of data analytics tasks on datasets. These algorithms range from approaches to produce a species distribution map by means of either an expert system or a machine learning model to approaches for analysing climatic changes and their effects on species distribution. A tutorial is available for this system.
- Algorithm Importer: a facility enabling users to transform R-based algorithms and methods into DataMiner algorithms, i.e. methods that can be executed by the data analytics platform. This transformation assists in annotating the code thus to making it possible for Data Miner to properly execute it. A tutorial is available for this system.
- RStudio: an online R environment that is enabled with facilities to interact with the online Workspace.
- GeoExplorer: a web application that allows users to interactive navigate, organize, analyze, search and discovery internal or external GIS Layers. GeoExplorer Portlet operates on a GeoNetwork instance in order to discover layers residing on a distributed e-Infrastructure.