The output maps are visualized in an integrated map-viewer. For Super User (i.e. thematic expert), this VRE enables the editing of attributes, the validation and publication of OGC-compliant data and catalog entries. The VRE relies on BlueBRIDGE data services to manage users and content. The initial VRE aim is to contribute maps to the FAO National Aquaculture Sector Overviews (NASO). It can be also useful to support Maritime Spatial Planners..
This VRE allows to perform the following tasks:
- Visualize generated geospatial data
- Access to information at farm (feeding systems, farm material, farm design, fish species) but also cage levels (size, shape)
- Edit attributes at farm level (for Super User only)
- Overlay with Copernicus Sentinel-1 images
- Compare the footprint of coastal ponds and rice paddy fields, and check their evolution over 20 years
- Validate the attributes at farm level, and publish the results in a geonetwork catalog (for Super User only)
This VRE is currently equipped with the basic VRE facilities:
- Workspace: for sharing objects of interest;
- DataMiner: with a geographic proximity tool enabling to compute the closest NASO farms;
- Social networking area: for supporting the discussions among members;
- User management facility: for managing membership.