Alieia VRE supports the performance evaluation, benchmarking and decision making process of Alieia, a Greek aquafarming company, to improve its profitability and minimise environmental impacts. The VRE enables Alieia aquafarmers to:
- evaluate and optimise their performance in terms of production Key Performance Indicators (KPIs),
- carry out benchmarking analysis comparing their performance against best practices and the competition,
- perform a techno economic investment analysis.
This VRE has been specifically set up for Alieia. A VRE with similar functionalities can be created for other aquafarming companies. If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com.
This VRE is aimed at improving efficiency and productivity of aquafarms, increasing their profitability. It also allows these companies to do business in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way by enabling them to convert their operation data into knowledge and actionable results. Among the other benefits:
- Easy and user-friendly interface to upload historical, production data and analyze them using state-of-the-art data analytics methods
- Rapid evaluation of various alternative what-if scenarios and visualize the results
- Capability of estimating the aquafarming KPIs’ performance against the performance of other companies, which operate under similar conditions.
- Capability of combining production KPIs with socio-economic and financial parameters to produce feasible techno-economic analysis and investment plans.
Keywords:SME, aquaculture, aquafarming, performance evaluation, benchmarking, techno-economic analysis.
Main Services & functionalities:This VRE allows performing the following tasks:
- Create production models to evaluate the performance of KPIs, like FCR, SFR, SGR and Mortality Rate by examining the historical data. By using the “Setup Sites” service, a specification of the thermal profiles of the SMEs sites is accomplished. Then, the "Setup Models" service can develop production models to assess the crucial Key Performance Indicators for the growth of fish in particular site.
- In “What-If Analysis” service the accurate and feasible production plans (what-if scenarios) depending on numerous physical, biological and environmental factors are produced and assessed. Furthermore, a comparative analysis (benchmarking) is performed and the results are provided to the users visually by meaningful charts.
- In “Techno Economic Investment Analysis” service financial forecasts and plans for investments are carried out based on a given aquafarming task by selecting a preconfigured production model and a series of economic and environmental parameters including feed price, fry price and selling price, etc. The outcome of the analysis is two KPIs for the assessment of the investment, which are the Net Present Value (NPV) and the Internal Rate of Return (IRR). Also, a series of plots on calculated values of variables such as expenses, income, Earnings Before Interest Taxes Depreciation Amortization (EBITDA), Earnings Before Interest After Taxes (EBIAT), Cumulative profit/loss and yearly net profit margin are provided.